NMI is the church relations heart of Nazarene World Mission in local churches around the world.
NMI encourages mission support and the development of mission passion within the congregation and helps involve church members in what God is doing through Nazarenes globally through the organization’s four objectives: praying, giving, discipling and educating.
One of the four objectives for Nazarene Missions International is to call God’s people to prayer. This is because God calls His people to prayer throughout the Scriptures. In particular, in 2 Chronicles 7:14:
“If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Prayer is the most powerful, effective and simple tool we can wield to support missions. Yet, can our efforts in mission bring holistic transformation, reconciliation, and redemption of individuals, families, communities and nations around the world if the fire of our zealous love for our Savior is slowly going out? How can we tell others about the promised presence of the Holy Spirit, if we are not abiding daily with Him in a life-changing relationship ourselves?
NMI is calling our Church to prayer for God's manifest presence, renewal in Christ, and revival in the Spirit.
In 2013, leading up to the quadrennial global convention that Nazarenes call “General Assembly,” held in Indianapolis, Indiana, USA, NMI intends to mobilize churches around the world for 26 weeks, or six months, of intentional and intensive supplication for revival.
Envision 2 million Nazarenes praying in faith with passion toward revival for six months.
The goal of praying is well beyond one million hours and beyond tracking how many hours a member or church or district prays. To pray for a global gathering is good; to pray for global renewal is better; and to pray that God will be glorified globally is best.
Our goal is love and praise for Jesus, God’s manifest presence, and renewal of a Book-of-Acts movement. Desired results include Spirit-anointing, more lost people knowing Jesus, more believers discipled, more leaders equipped, more churches developed, more cities transformed, and more nations loving the Lord.
Envision Kingdom expansion if my people pray for revival at least one hour during the next six months: 2 million hours of prayer.
Envision Kingdom outcomes if my people pray for revival at least one hour per month during each of the next six months: 12 million hours of prayer.
Envision Kingdom breakthrough if my people pray for revival at least one hour per week during each of the next six months: 50 million hours of prayer.
Is 50 million hours of prayer in six months reasonable? One hour per week is less than 10 minutes per day. Many members will pray more than this for renewal. It will be worth it if my people pray for the Spirit to pour out revival. Will you join us?
Consider praying one hour per week for the following requests:
1. That we sincerely desire God’s King and Kingdom to come and His will to be done.
2. That we experience authentic renewal in the Holy Spirit during our lifetime.
3. That we know how God pours out authentic, biblical revival.
4. That we count the cost for Christ and His renewal in our hearts, homes, and churches.
1. To reclaim loving Jesus first in heart, family, and church.
2. To return to genuine Christianity in personal practice.
3. To renew love for God’s Word, prayer, and obedience.
4. To recover from apathy, neglect, fear, doubt, carelessness, and backsliding.
5. To restore holy passion and moral practice by the Holy Spirit.
1. Humility, contrition in spirit, and trembling at God’s Word (Isaiah 66:2).
2. Prayer that is expectant, diligent, and enduring; personal and church-wide.
3. Conviction of sin, repentance, and wrongs toward others made right.
4. Purification of unfaithful or unholy motives, thoughts, words, and behavior.
5. Complete obedience in the presence and power of the Holy Spirit.
6. Personal and practical evangelism among lost people.
1. For revival that begins in the heart of an entirely consecrated and sanctified servant of God;
2. That springs and flows from believing and declaring God’s Word with Spirit power.
3. That embraces repentance and total separation from sin.
4. That penetrates moral darkness and spiritual oppression.
5. That destroys idols* wherever they exist.
6. That produces a return to wholehearted worship of God in true holiness.
7. That restores joy, humility, healing, harmony, and personal and relational holiness.
*Idols: things, systems, or persons admired, loved, or reverenced beyond Christ
Will you covenant to pray faithfully during the next six months that the Holy Spirit will pour out renewal/revival on Nazarenes globally? Will you pray in faith with 2 million members across 6 regions, 38 fields, 455 districts, and 28,000 churches?
Watch NMI’s Web site for regular prayer points: www.nazarenemissions.org/pray2013. Thank you for praying for revival. Thanks be to God for promising, “If my people pray.”